Saturday, July 22, 2017
Provo, Utah
Dearest, loveliest family and friends,
I miss you all. I also miss being able to walk to my fridge and pour myself a glass of milk when I want to. This week has been...just a week.
Sunday I came down with an ugly cold, but I still had to go to all the Sunday meetings that they have here in the MTC. Day of rest? Ha, nope. Elder R and Elder M are our Zone Leaders now, so Elder B is now our District Leader. There was choir, which I went to, and then a devotional that night. Then there were movies that were playing, and we tried to see Legacy, but there were about 2,000 people in line to see that one. There were signs hanging above the line that said "Turn back! You will get swallowed up in this throng of missionaries!" ...So I just had to turn back.
![]() |
| Worship service with Sister J, Elder B, and Elder M. Elder M is Jed. Seriously. They are the same person - both goobers! |
Then on Monday we taught Morgan. She was super cute. I still had a cold, so Sister Johns walked around carrying hand sanitizer and tissues and wouldn't let me touch anything. Between the wheezing and the coughing and the spewing of phlegm, it was kind of nice. But in the middle of our morning class, I was suffering a slow death, so Sister J took me back to our residence and let me sleep for two hours. Then I had to get up for lunch. Not a good enough reason to drag an invalid from their sick bed. Then we taught Kristen. Man, these poor ladies who we teach had to sit and listen to me. I don't even remember what I said in these lessons, but I hope it had something to do with the Gospel. Then we skipped exercise time.
| Morning class with my district. |
Tuesday was okay. We had a substitute teacher because Brother Knapp and Sister Burton were gone. So we had Brother Anderson and Brother Croft. It was pretty cool. I was still ill. So, because we are in a pilot program, we sit in a classroom with a giant wall covered in a two way mirror thing so that people can go to the other side of the glass and watch our classes without us being aware. That knowledge was super great to have. My ability to pay attention and participate in class had nothing to do with the possibility that someone might be observing. Then that night we had a devotional and choir, but I still sounded like a smoker, so I just mouthed the words; it was a blessing to whomever was in hearing vicinity to me. Then we had devotional review. Then sleepy time came.
![]() |
| Before a devotional, Elder B sporting my glasses. |
Wednesday I beat out all the Elders in wall sits. I'm so totally fly. We taught Kristen and Morgan again, and we committed Kristen to baptism!! (We know that she's already a member because she kept saying things like "my ward does this" and "my ward and I are going on a river rafting trip this weekend" and stuff like that.) We were so excited!! We just love Kristen so, so much. She's going to be someone that I really miss. And then on Wednesday, we went to the field for exercise time, and I played Spike Ball with Elder M. because I was still suffering from my stinkin' cold. And then we heard some horrible news: Sister A has to go home. She went to the doctor, and he said that she needed a minor surgery before she could go to DC with everyone. She was sad, and we were all sad, and Elder B and Elder M gave her a blessing - it was a really great blessing.
| Post exercise when I was so totally fly and kicked the Elders' booties in wall sits. |
![]() |
| SK, SJ, and Kristen - one of our MTC investigators. We love her. |
![]() |
| SK & SJ - Best MTC companions ever! |
Friday, we met with Morgan for the last time. She said she was thinking about baptism but still wasn't sure. But then she started absentmindedly humming For the Beauty of the Earth, so I was like "Hmm. Pretty sure she's a member." And guess what? She is. So both of our investigators aren't actually investigators. Bummer. Then we met with Kristen for about 15 minutes and just kind of chatted with her, so we're going to have a formal lesson this afternoon with her. After that, we walked Sister A to where her parents were going to pick her up, and we said goodbye. She's supposed to be sending me some pictures, so I will get those to you soon. But Brother Knapp left his other class and came to say goodbye! It was nice. And then we walked back together (he just had surgery on his knee, so everyone was being nice to him and walking at his pace, but when I say "I'm literally running" everyone just cackles evilly and walks faster), and then we had to say goodbye to him. Guess who I saw again yesterday? Brother Leppard! He didn't say "Cheerio" again, but it was still nice to see him. Anyway, so now Sister J and Sister J and I are a trio until we get to DC. Then we had exercise time at the field, and I did 60 lunges (beast) and played more Spike Ball.
![]() |
| This is what SJ and I did for Sister A when she left. |
And then this morning we gathered up our laundry and braved the demons of the laundry room (except not because this is consecrated ground, hahajkjkjk). Then a nice bagel for breakfast. With shmear. And then we finished our laundry and elbowed our way into a computer room. Thus, here we are.
| Dining in the MTC cafeteria. |
I love you guys so, so much. This is where I'm supposed to be right now, though. I have already been blessed with so much love, power, knowledge, and friendship. I love to learn about the gospel and to teach about it.
I'm very frightened about the airport on Sunday. Did I tell y'all?? We have to leave here Monday morning at 2:30am! I got my travel plans and I was all "HAHAHAHAHAHA! FUNNY JOKE" until I realized no one else was laughing. My companion had to make sure I didn't burn the travel plans so that the numbers couldn't mock me.
Tomorrow we have church, and Elder R asked me to lead the music in church. I said yes. Because I am a missionary. And missionaries serve. And they accept callings. That is the mantra I repeat in my head daily.
Anyway, I think that's all. I hope you are all having fun, being safe, and loving me.
Love,
Missionary almost out in the field





No comments:
Post a Comment