Thursday, September 21, 2017

Sep 12 - 18, 2017

Monday, September 18, 2017
Bunbury, Western Australia
 
So, last week the Zone Leaders picked us up and we drove down to Bridgetown (about an hour-and-a-half southeast of Bunbury). While we were there, we fed kangaroos, and we got to climb one of the lookout trees for bush fires. We also got to go down a slide, which I guess was fun. It was sweet though. The Elders in Bridgetown are Elders Smith and Stephen (the ones who stayed with us for a few days and went on exchanges with us). 

With the kangaroo! 


Cool Slide

Climbing a tree to look for bush fires.

Elders in Bridgetown on P-day

This week has been good for the work. Elder Codina and I helped someone begin a quit-smoking program; we'll be checking up with him throughout the week. We also found a couple of Filipino families who are now new investigators; Elder Codina knows how to play the Filipino card really well. I just stand there while they speak Tagalog and look pretty or show them The Book of Mormon whenever they look at me.

I don't remember if I've told you about P* at all, but he is an aboriginal who has recently found a love for The Bible. We ran into him and his friend and had a nice discussion with them about The Bible and whether or not The Book of Mormon is scripture. Anyways, we had a devotional this Sunday; President Fife spoke, and it was sweet. We invited P*, and he was able to come. After the devotional, he started to complain about how his heart hurt; I thought it was the Spirit working on him, but it turns out that he had to go to the hospital--I don't know what exactly went wrong.

Elder Kleven

No comments:

Post a Comment