Monday, November 27, 2017
Alexandria, Virginia
 |
| Mission Picture with Elder Andersen & Bishop Causse. |
Our stairwell in the apartment that
we walk down every morning smells like smoke. A lot. Sister Hansen
doesn't like it, but it reminds me of Vegas, so I just sit there and
smell. Who would have thought that I would miss the musty smell of
cigarettes? Not me!
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! It was a
nice one, too. We started the day off with going to a luncheon at the
church and meeting new people. Well, not really. We were supposed to
go and meet new people, but just people we already knew showed up. But
it was still enjoyable. Then that night, we went to S*'s for
Thanksgiving dinner. It was really great! I had an enjoyable amount of
apple pie, which is shocking because I don't like apple pie. But not
on the mission!
 |
| Enjoying a cinnamon roll. |
Sister Hansen and I are very sad. Our
miracle investigator that came to church and has been reading The Book
of Mormon and taking the lessons and is committed to his baptismal date
of December 16th
doesn't actually live in our area. So we have to have a pass-off
lesson with the Kingstowne Elders. *sigh* He was our blessing for
letting C* go to Ohio! But we've taught him enough times that we're
allowed to go to his baptism. It's okay. We're just going to find
more miracles and baptize others who are ready for the gospel.
 |
| Last District Meeting of Transfer #3. |
 |
| Last District Meeting of Transfer #3. |
We
went to Mt. Vernon this morning, and it was absolutely beautiful! It was
still very green there, and there were lots of animals to look at.
There was also a camel named Aladdin who was indifferent to all the
guests. It was amazing to be able to step into the history there and
learn more about Ol' Georgie. We were able to walk along the Potomac River some more and explore the forests surrounding his home. There
were museums and exhibits that I didn't get to see, so I'll definitely
have to be going back! I will get that camel to enjoy my presence. But
we did meet a worker there who is a recent convert in Maryland and a
lovely family from Nashville who are also members. It's the best when
you meet members! I love it. Here are some pics at Mt. Vernon.







Anyway, we had transfer
doctrine this week, and I'm definitely staying here another transfer.
That will be at least six months here when I leave. Time is flippin'
flying.
I love you guys! Sorry it's so short!
Cordially,
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment