Monday, January 15, 2018
Burke, Virginia
'Sup,
I have very little time today.
SO, this was a sad week. And a happy week. I left Alexandria. But arrived in Burke! When I said goodbye to people, I thought I was going to die. But I didn't, so that's good. When I got here, President sent me a "Welcome to Burke!" text. I could never be the AP.
 |
| Saying goodbye to C*. |
 |
| Saying goodbye to Bud (C*s dog). |
 |
| Saying goodbye to S*. |
I was probably the most stressed out that I have ever been in my life. I had to try to pack before leaving, and I think I just sat there and agonized over everything I had to do for twenty or thirty minutes. Remember when I was preparing to come out on my mission, and I flipped out because I didn't think I would ever be ready? Yeah. It was like that. But worse. Poor Sister Hansen!
 |
| Seriousness at our last District Meeting. |
 |
| Fun at our last District Meeting! |
 |
| Goodbye, Sister Hansen! *sheds a tear* |
 |
| Goodbye, Sister Morin! *sheds another tear* |
My new companion is Sister Koch (sounds like Scotch, but without the S), and she is amazing! We get along SO well. I'm really happy that we're companions. The Lord must have heard my prayers and sent me to a place that I could handle. I'm glad that President is in tune with the spirit and knows where to send me. Sister Koch is also a redhead, so we've been on fire these last few days! (Hahahahahaha. I'm so funny!) She's about 5'10" and has been out for about 4 months. I love her.
 |
| Two redheads on fire! |
 |
| I already love Sister Koch so much! |
I had a good first few days. It was really cold for a while, but then it started to warm up. It was 70 degrees on Friday, and I hated it. Now it's back to 20 degrees, and it's supposed to snow tomorrow. Yay! There's ice all over the ground and I biffed it today getting out of the car. It's a good thing that my downstairs neighbor wasn't sitting on his porch smoking with his dog and saw the whole thing because that would have been embarrassing. ALSO, we get to drive the only van in the mission! Yay! Big car that let's me see the tops of people's itty-bitty cars!
We're working with two recent converts and one really promising investigator whom we will be seeing tonight at FHE at our Bishop' s house. I'm very excited about that! I've only been to one FHE since being on my mission.
I have been able to meet so many wonderful new people, and I love it so much. I'll have to update more next week, but it's awesome.
Anyway, I love you all. Have a great week!
Love,
Missionary
 |
| At the church on MLK Day, emailing our families, because the libraries are all closed. |
No comments:
Post a Comment