Monday, October 15, 2018
Burke & Fairfax, Virginia
![]() |
| Kleven & Young - missionaries on Missionary Lane |
Simon (a man I just met in the library) is sitting next to me, and he just put his foot on the desk next to me, and it has a plastic bag wrapped around it. Of course, I asked him why, and he told me it's because it's raining outside and he didn't want his pants to drip water onto his foot while his boots were drying on the ground. So, I'm typing this with a homeless man's foot about 12 inches away. It's a less-than-desirable situation.
Church was great yesterday. H* and L* both came to church yesterday (which was unusual because H* goes to the singles' ward each week), so we sat by them. We were asked to give a lesson in Gospel Principles, and we talked about agency (as that was the next lesson in the manual). As we were talking about how it's good to CTR (choose the right), H* piped up in class (which is uncommon) and said that since L* has been taking the lessons and striving to be baptized, H* has noticed a huge change in L* and said that the Spirit is always in their home now. As he was speaking, he started to tear up. I love seeing how H*'s testimony grows every time I see him. After a few minutes, L* raised his hand and said that the Lord is blessing him already and that he will continue to "endure to the end" after he enters the waters of baptism. All of a sudden, L* started to cry because he said that "he had never felt the Spirit before he started meeting with the Sisters." Of course, that made me cry. After class, I went to talk to him, and he said that he chose H* to baptize him. Excellent choice, my good friend!
Sorry it's so short! No time!
Sister Kleven


No comments:
Post a Comment