Monday, November 26, 2018
Merriwa, Western Australia
This was a good week.
We had Thanksgiving. It was good... Jokes! It was actually kind of sad. We didn't have any good meals for it. We tried to make something ourselves with a turkey leg we found at the shops. Do you know the scene from Christmas Vacation when they cut into the perfect-looking turkey and it turns out to be dead and gross and dry inside? That is exactly what happened with this dinner. It was sad as... BUT at least we had some good ice cream afterwards...
This week, we also played a game of foosball and I lost, so I had to wax my legs... again... Now, I don't have pictures, because my phone is getting fixed at the moment. I didn't drop it, it had some other maintenance issues that needed to be addressed, so we had to go fix it... Hopefully, I'll have it back next week. BUT, my legs do feel quite smooth right now... so that's a plus.
OH! News for Christmas! We will be Skyping on our phones at the chapel, probably on Christmas morning here, which would be Christmas Eve for yous... so, that's coming up.
Probably the most important promise from the Book of Mormon is that as we follow the commandments of the Lord we will prosper. I was reading Alma 36 and found that Alma starts the chapter by telling Helaman this and ending with this same promise as well. Not only that, but it's the first thing he says to his other son Shiblon, and it's the most important thing that Lehi thought to tell his family before he died. Just a cool thought while I was studying.
Elder Kleven
No comments:
Post a Comment