Saturday, July 29, 2017

To Ma and the Children

On Friday, July 28, 2017, I received a handwritten letter from Sister Kleven addressed to "Ma and the Children". It reads, in part:


Monday, July 24, 2017
Washington, DC

Dearest family,

Well, this is it! I've made it to Washington, DC and to my lovely mission home. My mission president and his wife are just the cutest ever. I know this is where I'm supposed to be right now! This day has been an emotional one for me! But thinking about home ha made it better. And worse. I'm very sad to be leaving my cute companion, but my Mission President promises that my trainer will also be wonderful. Oh, and he said I will not be in a walking or biking area. I'm very exhausted. I got up at 1:30 am today, and then we almost missed our flight, and my bags are ten-thousand pounds, and I got really sick on the plane, but I am so, so excited!... and terrified! Tell everyone that I love them. Seriously, I love and miss you guys so much. 

Kisses from Washington, DC.

Love,
Sister Meredith Kleven

No comments:

Post a Comment