Monday, July 24, 2017
Washington, DC
'Ollo
Wow. I am tired.
So, on Sunday, we went to church and then we went to lunch, which was incredibly disappointing, and then Elder B and Elder M walked to the temple with us. We took some pictures, but I'll have to send them to you later. And then we had a devotional, but we skipped films so that we could go to bed. After the devotional, we had to say goodbye to the Elders. It was so, so sad. So we went to bed.
And then we woke up at 1:30 am! Ew! I was very not happy. We finally get on our bus, and it turns out that one of the Sisters had slept through her alarm and was an hour late -- I was cranky-poopy. So we got to the airport, and my bags were flippin' heavy. But not too heavy! I did not have to pay overweight bag fees. So, we got on the plane, and I didn't get to sit next to my companions. I sat next to Elder M, and he was very nice, but I was tired and suffering from motion sickness. It has never been so horrible--I had to warn those around me that I might just hurl on them. Then we landed and I tried to call Dad, but the pay phone wasn't working!! So, I guess I'll talk to him on Christmas. Then we boarded again, and it was another horrible flight - sitting next to the same people....poor people. While we were driving to the mission home, everyone was oohing and aahing while looking at the sights, and I was groaning and weeping in the back seat. The roads are so bumpy and twisty and turny. My poor tummy.
I LOVE the trees and the green here. It is so beautiful. Now I'm sitting in the mission home, waiting for a meeting. I have 2 more minutes, so I'm logging off right now. But tomorrow is when I meet my trainer!
Being in a new place is getting to me, and I miss you all so much.
Kisses!
Love,
Me
| Sister Kleven with President & Sister Huntsman in Washington, DC. |
| The new DC-South missionaries on July 24, 2017. |
No comments:
Post a Comment