Monday, September 4, 2017
Alexandria, Virginia
One of the goals that we made last week was to run up the stairs to the 16th floor every morning for exercise. It was a bad idea. We were all, "Wahoo! We're young! We're strong! We can do this!", but after the 6th floor, we were all "*wheeeeeeeeze.......* *gasp* * sputter*"!! But we continued to do it every day this week, so we're pretty awesome, actually. One of the other sources of exercise is a couple's yoga move that we call the "box". We are pretty proficient at it, actually. We've taken about 100 pictures of this move. Here are just a few:
![]() |
| This was today! |
![]() |
| This is a different Yoga move! |
Tuesday, we went to see Sister C*, who is a sick member. (I think I may have written about her last week, but who knows?) (Me. I should know.) Anyway, we went over to help her organize her office and the extra bedroom so that she could move comfortably. It was pretty fun. It also rained a whole flippin' bunch that day, and it was beautiful. Last week, we had one of the members, Brother Stoker, write his testimony in a Book of Mormon, and we have been waiting for the right moment to actually give it to someone. So, we decided to give it to C*, an investigator. He's a Buddhist, and he finally wants to learn more about the Church and what we believe. So we stopped by, and he said he was really touched and that the testimony meant a lot to him. Success! He said he would bring it on his trip that he's going on and read more. At the end of the day, we went over to M*'s and the girls' apartment to pee, and the girls wanted to read The Book of Mormon with us! So we did. We read about how Alma baptizes thousands at the Waters of Mormon. It was so cool.
Wednesday, we had our last District Meeting together and took some pictures:
That night, we had another lesson with S*, and it was so wonderful and great and awesome. We brought Brother and Sister E*, and they are probably the best fellowshippers that we could have gotten. Sister Morin and I were so excited about this one. S* had read through chapter 11 of 1st Nephi and was able to tell us the story and had more questions for us! Her main concern was Sam because he's not mentioned before they go to get Ishmael and some wifeys. She thought Sam was Nephi's wife. We quickly corrected her. And then she had some really great questions that I'm super happy I didn't have to answer because Brother E* jumped in. He could see me start to panic while she was posing her deep, existential queries. She said she was going to be at church on Sunday, and I really believe that she will be there!! We are so excited about her!
We had Return and Report on Thursday, and I loved it! And guess what?? I got to see Sister Johns again! It was so fun! We all gathered together at the watering hole (the Relief Society room) and had four trainings to better ourselves and our companionships and our lives. Then we split up and talked about our companions who were then at a different watering hole. All good things, all good things. And I got to take my test to get my special missionary driving card, and I think I passed! I won't know for sure for a while. But I will be cranky-poopy if I don't. Then we all gathered together once more to partake of some deliciously prepared Panda Express to help nourish our bodies. Then the Mission President told us all to go away. But he said it in a loving manner. That night, we met L* on the streets outside of her building. She had some really great questions and had some interesting points of view, but we ended up teaching her the entire Gospel of Jesus Christ standing outside. We made a return appointment with her, and she said she would be at church because she said she needs Jesus. We accepted that.
![]() |
| Cute Companions in a Car |
On Friday, we went to have some Pho for dinner because no one signed up to feed us. I got it without cilantro this time. And it was good. And then we went tracting around because our appointments all fell through, and we met R*. He is, I'm sure, very nice. But when we made a return appointment with him, he said, "I have a basement that we can go down into where no one will bother us. We can't hear anything when we're down there, and there's no cell reception and not even a radio down there. We can have a nice talk." ...yeah. I was like "Mmmm. Better not." But we didn't want to risk his salvation, so we're having two military members come with us next time. You know, for protection. I'll keep you posted.
We had a nice car fast this Saturday! Our appointment fell through that morning, so we walked around (it was raining again!) and talked to some people. And then we went to Noodles & Company for lunch. Guess what happened there?? We were talking to this guy who works there, and Sister Morin recognized his French accent, and they started speaking French with one another. I just kind of smiled and nodded and laughed whenever they laughed. It was like Lucy when Ricky's mother comes for a visit. He asked us to teach him what we know and said he would like to come to church with us so now we have a new investigator!! We were blessed for going to Noodles & Co. Then we were walking around, and a huge flock of birds swarmed around us. Death was imminent. It was all very terrifying until Sister Morin got pooped on. Then it was just hilarious. I thought I was going to die laughing. I couldn't breathe. Death was imminent. And then we had dinner with Sister E*, and it was so cool. She is the sweetest person on the planet, and I love the spirit in her home. We snapped a picture with her.
![]() |
| Sister E* and the Cool Companionship |
On Sunday, we taught in Gospel Principles again on Sacrifice. There were only two people in class, but it was a great class, nonetheless. Then we met the W* family for dinner, and they are just the cutest couple ever. They were so friendly and funny. I loved the spirit in their home. It was funny - I was talking to Sister Morin before we went in, and I was like, "Well, shoot, Companion! What if they're vegans??" and she was like, "I doubt it, Cutie Pie" (poetic license). As we were sitting down for dinner, Sister W* says, "I hope this is good. We're just starting to go vegan, and we're trying out some new recipes." I thought it was so funny that I wasn't even sad it was a vegan meal. Actually, the meal was quite scrumptious. Then we skedaddled on our way to NARMF (New and Returning Member Fireside). New members would get up and share their conversion and their testimonies. It was so spiritual and sweet. Everyone had their own stories, and you could really see how differently the spirit worked in their lives. All the circumstances that led to their baptisms were uniquely different, and each progressed at a different level. One guy had 299 lessons with the missionaries before he was baptized. He must have had incredible patience. But the Mission President knew him so well that President was able to baptize him. We brought S*, and she already put in her calendar the next one so that she could go with us.
It was a good week, overall. I love you guys more and more every day! Keep me posted on your life. I miss you all.
Love,
Me









No comments:
Post a Comment