Monday, October 30, 2017
Alexandria, Virginia
We didn't do a whole lot this week. Just going around to the ward and the investigators and introducing Sister Hansen to them! But there have definitely been some miracles, though. For starters, the trees and the weather! I've been trying to get pictures, but the trees are usually the prettiest when we are driving down the street and the pictures are pretty bad quality because they're quickly taken by Sister Hansen after I yell, "PRETTY TREES! DOCUMENT THIS!"
![]() |
| Sister Hansen & Sister Kleven - smiling in the car. |
We also were
able to see C*, and we just go over to read with her. We've just
finished The Doctrine and Covenants and we're starting The Pearl of
Great Price with her. She's so cute. Every time that we read about
something that has to do with God, she stops us and says, "Mhm...You
know that's true." I love it. I love C*. I love my area. She
said that she's going to lock me in her closet if I get transferred, but
not the one near the door because someone would hear me when I bang on
the door and try to help me escape. No, the closet in her bedroom is
better suited for kidnapping, apparently.
![]() |
| Sister Hansen & Sister Kleven - modeling in the car with the air conditioner as special effects. |
On Thursday,
we stopped by an investigator who has been dodging us for a while now. We weren't going to just leave it be, so we decided to catch him
unawares one morning. And we did. He was very nice to us and said that
we could sit outside at his picnic table in his front yard so that we
could talk for a little bit. So I turn around and start walking down
the stairs and the next thing we all hear is a very loud shriek. The
noise came from near the ground, so we all look down to see what in the
blazes it was. ...I may have accidentally stepped on his dog. The poor
thing just booked it inside and I just did a *facepalm* and said really
loudly, "I'M SORRY FOR SQUISHING YOUR DOG" ...so we'll see if he keeps
his return appointment with us. *sigh* I'm so embarrassing.
![]() |
| Companions: The long and the short of it. |
C*
is still doing AMAZING! We have been able to have two lessons with him
this week. Both have been at the church because we weren't able to get
any women to come with us, but that's okay. There's a special spirit
in the church. His baptismal date is still November 11th,
but we're trying to decide on a time because-GUESS WHAT??- An apostle
of the Lord is coming to our mission! He wants to greet all the
missionaries personally and so we're having a mission wide conference on
November 11th! We found out this morning that Elder Neil L. Andersen is coming! We are so
pumped. C*'s getting baptized and Elder Neil L. Andersen is coming here. Best day ever? I think yes.
Also, we put N* on date for baptism! On November 25th! We are SO EXCITED! She was kind of hesitant about committing, but she
eventually did. We're still working with her and trying to get her to
come to church, but we love her and we know that she can do it. Miracle!
![]() |
| Pizza. Delish. |
I'm probably the strongest missionary you will ever meet. On Saturday,
we got a text from Brother B* telling us that he would be working
on putting up a deck in his backyard and said that we could stop by to
get service hours if we needed them. So, we decided to stop by. WE GOT
TO WEAR PANTS! Anyway, when we got there, Brother B* put us to
work. And let me tell ya, it was flippin' hard work. We were there for
four hours. I was handed a saw and was told to saw through a giant
hunk of wood. He told me to just get it started for him, but I sawed
through that whole piece of wood with ease. (And by "ease" I mean
difficulty. But I am a missionary. And missionaries finish sawing
through logs.) Sister B* took a video, so hopefully I can send that
to you next week. But then we picked up a HUGE plank of wood, and while
we were huffing and puffing and carrying it over to its designated
spot, Brother B* was like, "We're pretty much carrying a tree right
now." So, family, I carried a tree. ..."Pretty much." Then we got to
help with hammering and drilling and the such, but I was so short that
Brother B* had to stack four giant blocks together to make me a step
so that I could reach the top of the deck. Everyone else is tall,
apparently.
Here are pics of us carving pumpkins today:
Anyway, I think that's it. We're
still teaching and serving and stepping on people's dogs. You know, the
usual. I love The Book of Mormon, and as C* puts it: "You know
that's true."
I love you guys!
Love,
Missionary






No comments:
Post a Comment