Monday, February 12, 2018

Feb 6 - 12, 2018

Monday, February 12, 2018
Bunbury, Western Australia

Man, This was a good week!

We had exchanges with Bridgetown this week, it was fun.
 
With Elder Nielson, a ginger (like Twin) - sent from his Twin
 
We also had Zone Conference on Wednesday, and Elder Haleck (President of the Pacific Area Presidency) came to our Zone Conference to address us.  It was sweet AS!  The whole time, he and his wife were talking about the importance of The Book of Mormon and how it was the tool that the Lord has given us in Western Australia.  Sister Fife also spoke on the importance of using The Book of Mormon, and President Fife gave us some sweet insight into Lehi's vision of The Tree of Life.  It was a fantastic Zone Conference.  And, when President Fife bore his testimony, that was one of the strongest times I have EVER felt the Spirit.  President Fife has truly been called of God to be the Mission President here.

So, this week has been Elder Muaiava's week 11 in the mission field, and that is when he is supposed to take over everything.  All the planning, finding, teaching, and cooking...  HA!  I have been his shadow for the past week, and he has been SMASHING it!  I really enjoy having him as a companion.

So, the computer here at the library is acting up, so no pictures, not that I took a lot.  I'll just end with a miracle this week: We were tracting this one street on Thursday, and apparently the Jehovah's Witnesses had just hit that street the day before.  (Jehovah's Witnesses are everywhere here.)  So, we were getting a more unfriendly response than normal.  But, we eventually knocked on the door of one lady who eagerly started to claim that there is no God and that we had been brainwashed as children and that we were fools, so on and so forth...  So, I felt that I should follow the training from the Zone Conference and use The Book of Mormon.  I pulled out a verse about our purpose in life (Alma 34:32) and let her read it.  She read almost the entire page and instantly she changed; she was very receptive and started to tear up when we testified that there is a God and that he is our Father in Heaven.  She ended up taking The Book of Mormon and said that she would read it.  I know that The Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith truly was a Prophet and that he translated The Book of Mormon.  I also know that the Spirit will always testify to those who take the time to read it and ask to know if it's true.
 
Elder Kleven

No comments:

Post a Comment