Friday, June 29, 2018

It's Just Another Manic Monday

Monday, June 25, 2018
Burke & Fairfax, Virginia


We were in the grocery store this morning, and Manic Monday started to play, and my heart started beating to the tune of the song.  And then I realized that it was actually Monday, and I almost started crying.  How perfect!  Here are pics of us at lunch with Sister A* and her daughter. We love them! 





What an emotional week! To start off, we got transfer doctrine! Sister Merritt is leaving, and I will finish training Sister Anderson in Burke! President called us on Friday and told us this news. He also told us that the elders would be leaving Fairfax, and that he is going to put us there instead. So, now we are covering two wards - both Burke and Fairfax! I'm excited and nervous. Pray for me. I'm lucky that I get to stay here in Burke for longer, and I'm also lucky to have more area to explore. 
 
Walking 30 miles.

Still smiling.  Still walking.


We had Return and Report this week. That's where the trainers and the trainees get together to talk about missionary work. We ate Panda Express. It was thrilling.

District Meeting with the Zone Leaders

Seriously having fun.
There is a scary bird lady who works here in the library.  I've gotten in trouble a few times from her.  But guess what?  She smiled at me today! Smile=Success. 

G* was supposed to come to church yesterday, but she was kept late at work so she wasn't able to make it. And because I had the phone, I didn't see that she was texting us and asking if she could still make it for the last hour. This is why I shouldn't be given responsibility! But it all turned out okay because she was able to come to dinner with the A* family.  It was so much fun! I love when members fellowship and invite our investigators into their homes. Then we went to NARMF (new and returning member fireside), and it was delightful. Her little boy, L*, ran around the whole time and kept slapping chairs because he liked the sound they made. The rest of the audience did not, however. We had to leave early so that we could go pick up E*, G*'s daughter. But it was a delightful experience. The testimonies were awesome. 
The Book of Mormon Book Group Ladies
Speaking of testimonies, the Huntsmans bore their testimonies in Sacrament Meeting for the last time, and they were crying, and I was crying, and it was awful. I've become a blubbering idiot over this last week because of the imminent absence of the Huntsmans. 
Tools from Sister C*

Family History Hangout with the Burke Ward Youth.  They rock!
We went to the mission office this morning to see the cute senior couples, and we helped them with a bunch of fun projects.  I'm really happy that I get to still be in this area.  Although, Elder Nielson told me that he wouldn't get me a truck. I'm kind of sad about that. 

Nothing else too exciting happened this week. 

Love,
Me
PS:  Here are some random pictures you will enjoy:
The Terrific Trio - a drawing by Yours Truly during Sister Anderson's language study.

My home town.  Another language-study-inspired drawing.

Here's a poem by a 10-year-old boy in our ward.  It's my new favorite thing.

Zone Conference Kick-off at the start of Transfer 8.  I just got this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment