Monday, June 9, 2018
Burke & Fairfax, Virginia
This subject line is funny because I'm always in my Sunday clothes. I'm hilarious.
![]() |
| Sweet Frog Frozen Yogurt |
Happy 1 year mark to me! We went to do service that morning for a lady who was referred to us over Facebook. She was nice, but her yard was very run over with weeds and leaves. And underneath those weeds and leaves were massive amounts of creepy crawlies. It was like I was Simba from The Lion King when Timon and Pumbaa are like, "This looks like a good spot to wrestle up some grub." And Simba's all like "Ew. What's that?" And they're like, "A grub. What's it look like?" And then they eat it and Simba's all grossed out and then he eats it and it tastes like chicken. Now, I am here to tell you that I did not actually eat the grub (because I'm fairly certain that it does NOT taste like chicken and that Simba is mistaken), but that I wrestled with the grub. Quick literally. Anyway, we were able to weed her front yard and rake it and I tangled up her hose beyond repair and then we left to get Cafe Rio and to celebrate. Then that night, we came home and I blew out a candle that we stuck in my ice cream. It was thrilling.
![]() |
| Happy Birthday to me! |
Today, we went to Chick-Fil-A (because why not?), and the lady who took our order looked at my name tag for the name on the order. I didn't realize it until I was sitting there, talking with a member we ran into, and heard someone yelling "Jesus! Order for Jesus!" Hm. I assumed it was us. I thought it was hilarious and it was probably the best thing that I have ever heard. I'm not even mad!
![]() |
| It's delicious! |
On the 4th, we visited with this really old couple that couldn't hear anything and were from England so they weren't celebrating anyway. Every time the fireworks would make a really loud BOOM (they could hear that, I guess), they would shout "That's just a huge waste of money! Americans need to budget better!" It was hilarious. And then they were talking about how fit the old woman was (she's in her 80's) and she asked if I wanted to race with her. I know she was joking but for a second I was pretty scared that I was going to lose to an 80-year-old. Because I probably would have.
![]() |
| Lehi's Dream |
We're sitting in the library, and the lights keep flickering (like in one of those sketchy horror movies with the one rickety chair and flashing lights. Or like in Home Alone when Kevin is scared of his basement. Either way, the only reason I feel safe is because I'm a missionary and if I die now in some horrible accident, I'm going to heaven). Anyway, I'm either going to have a seizure or curl up under this desk and close my eyes. I have yet to decide which.
![]() |
| Virginia mushrooms |
We went to visit someone that was just kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing, and we were able to talk to him while we sat on his front porch (getting many a bug bite in the process). Before we left, I felt like we should share a scripture with him, so I pulled out Mosiah 3:4 for him (my all time favorite). It says: "For the Lord hath heard thy prayers, and hath judged of thy righteousness, and hath sent me to declare unto thee that thou mayest rejoice; and that thou mayest declare unto thy people, that they may also be filled with joy." He said that the scripture was exactly what he needed to hear right then and that he has had a few deaths in the family recently. He said he wanted to feel that joy. I don't know if that scripture will make him come to church, but I do know that the spirit was present and that we were there to help him - even if it was just by sharing a little scripture about joy with him. It was a good day.
Love,
Me





No comments:
Post a Comment