Monday, August 20, 2018
Burke & Fairfax, Virginia
Is it bad to eat cupcakes for breakfast? Probably. Should I care? Probably. Do I actually care? No.
We did service for a woman in our area this week. She pretty much just had us pull out all of her ivy and fill up bird feeders. It sounded like it would be fun, so we went in with smiles. And we left with smaller smiles that were weakened by extensive labor and time in the sun. But I felt invigorated by every chunk of root I savagely ripped and clipped from the dirt. It took a lot longer than I anticipated, and I'm a lot weaker than I anticipated. I survived, though. The Lord doth bless. My companions didn't think it was funny when I started to dance around with my pruning shears and sing, "It's the hard-knock life!", but I thought I was hilarious. I was put in charge of replenishing the bird feeders, so then the song was changed to "Feed the Birds." None of them came to me and whistled a sweet tune while I sang, however. Next time, I guess.
![]() |
| Service with Sister Young |
We just saw the A* family in the library. They said to tell you all "Hi."
While we were sitting in Cava a few nights ago, two women came over and sat right next to me. After I said an awkward "Hello!", they sat there for a few minutes. Finally, one of them spoke up and said that she had seen my name tag and recognized me as a missionary. She then bore her testimony about prayer and asked if there was anything on my mind that I wanted her to pray for. We talked for a little bit and then we just said a prayer right there, and she prayed for me and my family and those that we are teaching to come unto Christ. Nice lady. It was just a great testimony builder for me, and I'm happy I was able to make a new friend!
![]() |
| A brownie from a member that was totally TDF! |
We also had exchanges, and I led out the area with Sister Hansen, my old companion! It was so fun to reconnect with her again. We were able to find a couple people to teach, and one was a new friend, I*. She is a cute old lady who can't walk, so she crawls around everywhere. It looks kind of creepy, actually. Also, I realized that I'm an idiot because she asked me to open her drapes for her, and I accidentally knocked a plant over and ripped the string that was meant to keep the drapes away from the window. I am a horrible person. But that just goes to show how Christlike this person is because she invited us back. So we are going back to teach her more this week, and I'm excited to not break or knock over anything!
![]() |
| Exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. |
![]() |
| Together again! Exchanges with Sister Hansen. |
![]() |
| Kleven, I*, and Hansen |
I was teaching in Gospel Essentials this week (again) and someone in the class pulled up a talk by President Nelson in this last April session of General Conference. He says, "Our message to the world is simple and sincere: we invite all of God’s children on both sides of the veil to come unto their Savior, receive the blessings of the holy temple, have enduring joy, and qualify for eternal life." While I was reading this, I realized that he wasn't only addressing those here on earth, but he was also talking to those listening in the Spirit World. He's encouraging missionary work for those who have passed on. Isn't that great?
Well, love you all!
Love,
Me





No comments:
Post a Comment