Monday, August 6, 2018
Burke & Fairfax, Virginia
Okay.
I am never leaving Burke, apparently.
We got transfer news this week and President Caplin called us about 5 minutes before our transfer doctrine came out, and he told us that he would assign a companionship to the Burke ward and a companionship to the Fairfax ward. He said that Sister Anderson would be in Fairfax with a new companion. He then told me that I would be training another missionary from the MTC, and we would cover Burke. *sputter of the mind* What? Anyway, by the end of this transfer, I will have spent half my mission in Burke. And guess what?? I love it! At church yesterday, the 1st counselor in the Bishopric stood up and announced at the pulpit that I would be spending my whole mission in the Burke ward. And then I laughed. And then I started to think about leaving here, and I started getting a bit emotional while sitting there in Sacrament Meeting. Let's be honest, people! It's going to suck! Anyway, it was a sad day of saying goodbye to people in the Fairfax Ward. Nice guys. I'm actually really bummed that I won't be staying in Fairfax another six weeks.
![]() |
| Last District Meeting |
A family we are working with is reactivating, and the two kids are about to be baptized, and another man that is reactivating was just given the priesthood on Sunday. Good things are happening here! Anyway, last night, we got to go to NARMF (New & Returning Member Fireside) again, and it was delightful. We brought Brother P* with us, and he said he loved it and was very grateful for the opportunity to receive "such divine inspiration from the Lord." I like him.
| Sister Koch & Sister Kleven at NARMF |
We helped a member figure out how to use her new iPhone this week.
What really happened is Sister Anderson showed her how it worked and I sat on the couch because I was banished. I guess pressing random buttons and saying "What does this one do??" Is not actually considered helpful. Who knew?
We went over to finish helping Sister C* out with her basement this week. It was sad. We had ice-cream to end the service and got pictures with them because they are awesome and I love them so much. Sister C* gives us "life lessons" every time we go to help her out. My favorite one she has ever given us is "Fear Is a Marker." Satan will make you fear something if you are going in the right direction. If you're walking one way and start to fear it, you're probably (most of the time) going the right way. If you begin second guessing yourself or your actions, start running. Keep going strong. Enjoy these pics of service with Sister C* and her family:
We were supposed to eat with a member at Cafe Rio yesterday, but they never showed up, so we decided to go ourselves. One of the workers was really nice, and after we got our food, he sent us two shrimp tacos on the house. That would have been quite nice, but they were shrimp. So I was slightly less impressed by that.
There's a big sign in the library that says "Reading takes you everywhere". It's a cute little slogan, but I just keep thinking "Well, The Book of Mormon takes you to the ancient Americas and into the life of the Nephites and Lamanites. What is cooler than that? Nothing!" Maybe I should write a little sign and put mine up next to it.
![]() |
| With the Senior Couple I love so much! |
Sister Anderson got 12 inches of hair cut off today. I was sitting there thinking "Hm. You know, I could get my bangs back..." Anyway, I didn't. Thought I would share that experience.
Love,
Me






No comments:
Post a Comment