Monday, September 10, 2018
Burke & Fairfax, Virginia
Hurricane Florence is supposed to hit the east coast this week. There's an official "state of emergency" tomorrow. Even though it's pouring rain and we might blow away, all I can think of is Florence Nightingale, which then leads me to sing as I scrub the floors while the evil cat, Lucifer, makes it difficult. Just kidding. I just sing "Sing, Sweet Nightingale" and try to sound like Cinderella. It doesn't work all that well.
![]() |
| The Holy Ghost by Yours Truly |
We were walking down the street the other day, and I saw a squirrel climb up a tree right in front of us. The next thing I hear is a squirrel scream (they're real), and then an acorn came spiraling out of the tree and almost hit me in the head. My scream could rival the squirrels. I dodged it just in time, and the acorn hit the top of my foot. I had a nice, acorn sized sore there for a few hours. I hope you realize this means war, squirrel. This. Means. War.
![]() |
| With the C* Family |
There's a little boy playing on the tables next to me. He has some cool cars and trucks and tanks and other things with wheels. Since I like making new friends, I said, "Hey. Cool car." And he said, "Thanks. Cool name tag." You know what, little boy? You're not wrong.
![]() |
| At Starbucks with an incredible friend! |
Sister Anderson played a musical number in sacrament meeting yesterday and asked me to be the page turner. Since I've had previous experience, I took the calling. We went up to the front of the chapel and everything was hunky dory. Until the air conditioning turned on. The papers went everywhere. And it's a good thing they were numbered or I wouldn't have been able to put them back in order. I got a pretty good workout running around the piano and picking up papers. The musical number went well, though. You're welcome, Fairfax Ward.
![]() |
| On exchanges with a young woman helping her prepare to be a missionary! |
There is a sister in the ward who called us to help her paint her living room. Yay!! I love that kind of service. It was so much fun. Let it be known, I have excellent wrist movement when it comes to handling a paintbrush.
We were finally able to have a lesson with B* and K* this week to go over the baptismal interview questions with them and talk to their parents about a date for baptism. We still have some more things to go over with them before they can get baptized, but we will be doing that this week. Because they are planning on getting baptized this next Sunday the 16th! Isn't that great?? Transfers are two days after that, so I am guaranteed to be here for it. B* kept asking for Sister Anderson to teach him how to play Book of Mormon Stories on the piano so after our lesson, she did that while I learned how to cook salmon with Sister D*. It was nice to bond over that, but little does she know that I will not actually ever making salmon by choice in the future. B* and I teamed up and wheedled and pleaded with Sister Anderson to play Jingle Bells for us, and she eventually did. We sang it, and I kind of bounced around in the same spot because we're not allowed to dance in public. My heart was dancing, though. It was a good night. We are so excited to be able to continue to help this family receive the blessings of the gospel. It will be awesome.
![]() |
| After singing "Jingle Bells." |
I've been reading in 3 Nephi a lot recently (because it's one of my favorite places to read in the Book of Mormon) and in chapter 11, verse 11, it talks about how Jesus Christ has drunk out of the bitter cup. Every person has some bitterness in their lives. There is a quote from President Harold B. Lee that I have come to love. It says "Do not let self-pity or despair beckon you from the course you know is right." Our Savior will always be the right way. Jesus Christ set the example for us, and we need to follow Him.
Love you all!
Love,
Me
![]() | |
| Fun with Sister L* |
![]() |
| Meeting a Prince |








No comments:
Post a Comment