Thursday, November 8, 2018

Leader of the Pack

 Monday, November 5, 2018
Oakton, Virginia

Since I am in Wolf Trap YSA (Young Single Adult Ward), all the missionaries who serve here are part of the "Wolf Pack." It's weird. When I first learned that, my mind immediately went to "Leader of the Pack" and I have been singing it for a week. Is my companion getting tired of it? Probably. Am I getting tired of it? No. Am I going to stop anytime soon? No. You're welcome, world. 

Sister Young and me - One last picture in our empty apartment

Our downstairs neighbor texts us an inspirational quote every morning at 6:30 to help us have a good day. Thank you, neighbor. 

I love my new area, and I love my new companion! Her name is Sister Bagley, and she is from Arizona. We laugh a lot together, and I'm super grateful that we get to be companions! She's going home in December, so this is her last transfer *sheds a tear*. 
Sister Bagley & Sister Kleven
Leaving Burke was probably the saddest thing I've ever had to do. I'm not even being dramatic. Okay, so that might not be true as I'm very often dramatic. But I'm learning this area and I'm getting to know so many amazing people. Also, Chick-Fil-A is right across the street. Blessings. 

We have been teaching our friend, Jim. He's from Sierra Leone, so I finally have someone to sing "Happy New Year! Me no die-o! Tell God 'Thank You' for me life!" with. Since our area is so big, we aren't able to see him in person as often as we would like to, but we can have lessons over Facetime. We just went over the Plan of Salvation again and put him on date for baptism on December 8th. We're excited!  
Christmas has come to Wal-Mart!
I forgot it was Daylight Savings, so we woke up on Sunday, and it was brighter than usual. Didn't really think anything of it until we were getting ready and I looked at the clock on the microwave and thought we were going to be late for an appointment. I'm slightly bummed because I wasn't able to get myself mentally and physically prepared for the extra hour of sleep I got. Dang it. 

I have to give a talk in church next week.  And I had to give a talk last week in church.  I guess everyone wants to hear my testimony.  

Sister Bagley and I dressed up as Arthur and DW for Halloween.  It was adorable. 
DW & Arthur - Sister Missionary Style!
Love you all! 
Me 
PS: Here are pictures of Sister Young and me saying goodbye to families we love:





No comments:

Post a Comment