Monday, October 2, 2017
Alexandria, Virginia
Howdy!
I have a very limited amount of time this week
to email because Sister Morin and I went to Sister G*'s promotion
ceremony. She was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel and invited us to go
with her! So, we got permission from President Huntsman, and she picked
us up right before and drove us to Quantico, which is about 45 minutes
outside of our zone. It was us, her husband, her parents, her daughter,
and her best friend who came to support her. We were so happy that we
were able to be there with her! She's the one who is helping us make
skirts. The ceremony was inside of the National Museum of the Marine
Corps, so we toured around it for a few hours, and I absolutely loved it!!
There was so much history that we got to take in! While we were
waiting for the ceremony to start, Sister Morin and I went exploring, and
an old security guard, S*, started to show us around his favorite
exhibits. He was so cute! And then Sister G* went around the room
and thanked everyone and told everyone that we're like her daughters, and
she was so happy that we could be there. We love the G*s a whole
lot. Here are pics of us at the museum this morning:
Also, on Tuesday, we had interviews with
President Huntsman, and he said that he doesn't want to split Sister
Morin and me up this next transfer and that "we'll have to see how
everything goes". ...What?? I really hope we get to stay together! If
not, that would be fine, too. And then that night, we went to a Relief
Society game night to see some less-active members and recent converts. There
were three less-active sisters that we set up appointments with, and we met the
most amazing person ever! Her name is S*, and she is the cutest singer-lady who was invited by a ward member. So, we exchanged numbers with
her and are actually going to see her tonight to listen to her music
(it's Christian music, so I'm not going rogue) and hopefully start to
set expectations with her. It's so hard to be a missionary because all I
want to do is be friends with her, but I also want to teach her about
the gospel! Maybe I just need to tell her, "Look, I want to be best
friends with you and hear your music, but I want to be friends for
eternity. The way to do that is through baptism." Boom! Baptismal Date:
Set.
On Wednesday, we had a lesson with
E* and T*, and it went really well. ...I think. We were
there for a long time helping to pack up stuff because she's moving, but
we also were able to discuss with them about the Restoration and help
E* remember the things that the missionaries had taught her before.
Anyway, T* accepted the baptismal invite! But she also said
that she hopes that there's a way that she can be a Baptist and a
Mormon, and it just made me think of "Sons of Provo" where Danny has a
book that says, "Mormons Can Be Buddhists Too", and then I laughed
because it was funny.
We had District Meeting on Thursday, and it went well. Next week, we are role playing teaching the Restoration to those that we meet on the street. Yay. But
we got home that night to find out that there had been a fire in our
building and that the whole building had to evacuate. The sprinklers
had gone off all over, and the walls and carpet were completely ruined
because of it. The next day, the fire alarm started going off during
weekly planning, so we left everything and evacuated the building again. Then yesterday, another fire started on that side of the building again,
and the fire alarms went off AGAIN, and we were all evacuated. There
have been three evacuations this week. We'll see what happens.
![]() |
| Waiting for a teaching appointment. |
Also,
General Conference was my favorite thing in the whole world. I hope
all of you got to watch it and take your own impressions away. It was
such an amazing testimony booster for me, and I am so glad that I have
the ability and the resources to listen to the Apostles. Go out and
serve, love, and teach.
Anyway, my time is
just about up here, but I love you all, and I can't wait for Christmas to
be here! I am in such a holiday spirit, and the leaves are falling, and
the colors are finally starting to change, and I am loving it so much. I
am so ready for Christmas. Or at least Thanksgiving. We get this
weather in November in Las Vegas, so this is weird. I need to go get
some tights soon.
I have loved growing closer
to the ward members, the other missionaries in my district, my Mission
President, my cute companion, and, above all, my Savior.
Cordially,
Me






No comments:
Post a Comment