Thursday, October 5, 2017

Sep 26 - Oct 2, 2017

Monday, October 2, 2017
Bunbury, Western Australia

This has been a FUN WEEK!! Last P-day was District P-day, and we went down south to Busselton to fish off of the longest jetty in the southern hemisphere. At least the pamphlet said it was the longest. Anyway, we were able to catch three squid. As we were leaving we weren't quite sure what to do with said squid, like how to cook them and such, and we passed an old English man who stopped us and showed us how to clean them, gut them, and gave us some recommendations for how to cook them. Afterward, nobody else wanted to take them, so I volunteered, and the next night Elder Codina and I had some pretty good homemade calamari. And this morning, all the Elders in the zone got together and we went fishing again. Elder Codina and I took a crab home and had it for a late breakfast. It was nice and salty.
 
 


 

Last Wednesday or Thursday (I can't remember which), Elder Codina and I went to the library so he could check on his application to BYU-Hawaii, and we ran into P* there. We got to talk with him. He said that he is doing fine and that he saw a cross over our heads - it was the light shining through the blinds behind us in the shape of the cross; he then said that God's hand was in our lives. So, the next Friday we visited him for a little bit; we wanted to invite him to a baptism that the other district had, and while we were there, he said that we had the spirit of Jezebel - a very controlling spirit. He keeps sending us mixed signals.

I don't remember if I told you about T* yet, but he is a 17-year-old who we met while tracting, and we set him on a baptism date on the first lesson. We kept trying to meet with him again for a week-and-a-half; then he texted us and said that he wasn't interested in the Mormon side of things. Oh, well.

Because of the time difference, we won't see General Conference until next Sunday, so we are seeing it a week behind. Just so you know. 

That's all the good stuff.

Elder Kleven

No comments:

Post a Comment